Wednesday, August 25, 2010

His and Hers.


I can't believe summer is almost over.
Oh, September.
I'm eager to pull out sweaters from the corner they're balled up in.
Gloves and scarves and hot coffee and football.
I could just explode.

We're moving soon.
The Boyfriend and myself.
To a small college town in Southern Ohio.
Three hours away from everything I've yet again grown accustomed to.
I know I can do it.
Pack the boxes, haul the shit, make the commitment and pay them on time.
Get a job, make the friends, take care of your neighbors.
It's always been easy for me to adjust.
Exciting even.
But I procrastinate more and more as the days dwindle.
All the boxes that had once been perfectly packed are torn apart.
Bits and pieces strewn on the floor.
Piles and piles of nonsense.
Chalk it up to the parts of my personality we all just have to deal with.
I'll get it done soon enough.

Lovely, lovely sweet Boyfriend bought me a present.

And this is what it is:

His and Hers:
...and they are in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment