Sunday, February 20, 2011

[It was a] Happy Valentine's Day.

I procrastinated writing this blog. I actually planned on making a playlist for the most romantic greeting card holiday of the year. One he could listen to and maybe find some new favorites. With a whole bunch of I love you's throughout. That would be a part of this entry, but it is not. Instead I only had time for a few construction paper hearts and poems scratched out in Sharpie. And dinner!! I had time for dinner.


I cooked Valentine's Day dinner. That's right. I did it. Without wearing the vintage inspired apron I just HAD to have. Giant baked potatoes stuffed with broccoli and cheese. Tomato basil pesto pasta with corn and black beans. All topped off with vanilla bean ice cream with dark chocolate and berries. I gave myself a pat on the back. Since moving in with my lovely boyfriend I haven't had to do much in the kitchen. I was afraid I might have forgotten how to boil water. Well, turns out I remembered.



[This is not Valentine's Day dinner, but close enough. I made it.]

If you haven't made a pesto before it's ridiculously easy. There are more than a handful of simple recipes floating about the internet. All you need to know though is the list of ingredients. Use common sense and your taste buds for the rest.


- Olive oil
- Parmesan (or other similar) cheese
- Garlic
- Basil
- Salt and pepper


As for the basil I prefer fresh to dried, but usually end up using half and half. That way I conserve the fresh stuff to use in another dish. 


There you have it. It's done in seconds. 


I think I'm going to start using these. The only way I can safely assure I'm being taken seriously in the kitchen.






Just ridiculous enough for me to think they're wonderful.

Another thing I feel inclined to share are these chalkboard kitchen cupboards. Sure they'd make the kitchen messy, but isn't that the state it's always in anyway? I say it's a fair trade.

1 comment:

  1. I love those measuring spoons! Mine are pink and red and shaped like hearts.

    ReplyDelete