Tuesday, April 12, 2011

And you got me wanting you.

I don't know how I haven't lost all my teeth by now.


Some of my earliest memories are of scraping change together to go flippin' crazy on some penny candy. 
Savoring Fireballs, Lemonheads and salt water taffy like only a little lady in jelly shoes can.

Repeat memory at age twelve.
Warheads, ShockTarts, Sour Punch Straws on the bleachers.
It was around then that the very first in a series of many marshmallow Peeps met its end at the hands of me and our family's microwave.

Repeat memory at age nineteen.
Hershey's miniatures and Jelly Belly bites between keg-stands.

Even now I'll drop everything for the little girl selling candy door to door.

Frantically search the purses packed away in the closet and pockets of hoodies in the hamper at the sound of a nearby ice cream truck.

I might even knock down a small child standing between myself and a cotton candy stand.

No one knows just what I'm capable of when it comes to satisfying my sweet tooth.

All I can say is that I am a dangerous woman and I hope for all of you that we never have to find out.

Now that I've crushed any bit of nostalgia created and frightened all of the little ones in the room...




These ice cream cone and cupcake kitchen timers might be just what I need to have around to remind me to actually set a timer. 







Gummi bears are enough to make even the worst day better. They're simple. They're adorable, and let's face it there's just something oddly therapeutic about biting off their sweet, little heads. 
[Note: Please don't eat your headphones. 
I don't think I need to say more.]


Sometimes bigger is just better. Eighty-eight times bigger to be exact. On the list of reasons why I love Fred Flare this could be reason #437...uh, million.
[Note: You may eat this one.] 








Spring has finally arrived in all of its soggy glory. These boots are on par with all of the ones I posted in the puddle jumping entry. At the risk of sounding like Heidi Klum and Michael Kors...I must say they are personal favorites so far this season. Just delicious.
Whether you call them nonpareils, jimmies or plain-old sprinkles it just makes sense to me that someone out there would have turned them into an accessory by now. There are necklaces and bracelets available, but it's the ring I find most endearing. Dylan's Candy Bar is the one-stop spot to fill your imaginary online shopping cart full of both actual edibles and these sugar-inspired wearables. 






Fortune cookies 
are undoubtedly my 
favorite part of the whole Chinese take-out routine. Although I don't think one has caused me to become completely unhinged. That was until I came across these bad boys a while back. If I have anything to do about it these will be at my wedding or at the very least in my belly...soon!






"We must remain as close to the flowers, the grass, and the butterflies as the child is who is not yet so much taller than they are.  We adults, on the other hand, have outgrown them and have to lower ourselves to stoop down to them.  It seems to me that the grass hates us when we confess our love for it.  Whoever would partake of all good things must understand how to be small at times." - Friedrich Nietzsche


"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older." -Tom Stoppard

No comments:

Post a Comment