Friday, February 08, 2013

L'amour.



I love...love.

I love being in love. I love my friends. My baby.
I love little red and pink hearts. Construction paper, lace doilies, glue sticks and glitter. Chocolate covered cherries, strawberries and smooches. Red wine and pasta dishes. Tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and sex on a plate. Big bouquets of floral sprays spelling out what words can't say. Young men with tattoos holding doors for old ladies. Lighting cigarettes for future lovers. Bourbon breath whispers and vodka spilling over the sides of martini glasses. Wearing all the rings you've given to yourself on both hands. Nervously-chipped nail polish awaiting that 4am phone call. Blankets, pillows and cold toes. Love is all around. Wearing many masks and at times denying its own existence. Shown in the lines on my face and in the twinkle of an eye.
It's real-life magic, my friends.

Go on out there and get you some. 










I & Love & You - The Avett Brothers
God Only Knows - The Beach Boys
Bruises - Chairlift
I Got You Babe - Sonny & Cher
Can't Help Falling in Love - Ingrid Michaelson
Home - Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
If You Ain't Got Love - Mason Jennings
I Hope This Gets to You - The Daylights
Harvest Moon - Neil Young
Do You Wanna Dance - The Mamas & the Papas
Ho Hey - The Lumineers
Your Song - Elton John
Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Happy Valentine's Day.
Take care of your heart today.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for the feature love!! you are soo sweet and found some beautiful items <3 am honoured to be here! HUGS! xoxox

    ReplyDelete